This "sport" is a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a badminton-sized court with a net close to the ground, where players use paddles and a small wiffle ball. Find out more at www.pickleball.com or www.usapa.org.
Open pickleball is played at the Central Park Pickleball Courts, behind Tennis Courts Number 3 and Number 4 at the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Six (6) lighted pickleball courts are available.
For information about the Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates, an informal group that organizes play at the Central Park pickleball courts and provides equipment, click on the following link: FB Pickleball Pirates.
Reserved play schedule:
- Sunday: 3:00pm - Beginners Play and Lessons
- Sunday: 4:00pm - Social Play (2.5, 3.0)
- Sunday: 6:00pm - Intermediate and Advanced Play (3.0, 3.5+)
- Monday: 8:00am - Women's Open Play (all levels)
- Monday: 8:00pm - Intermediate and Advanced Play (3.5+ only)
- Tuesday: 8:00am - Intermediate and Advanced Play (3.0, 3.5+)
- Tuesday: 10:00am - Social Play (2.5, 3.0)
- Wednesday: 4:00pm - Intermediate and Advanced Play (3.0, 3.5+)
- Thursday: 8:00am - Men's Open Play (all levels)
- Friday: 8:00am - Intermediate and Advanced Play (3.0, 3.5+)
- Friday: 10:00am - Social Play (2.5, 3.0)
Not sure what playing level you are? Click on the following link for a description of the levels listed above: What level am I?
If you would like to be added to the group email list, send a request to email@example.com